Rev. Ken Ellis of the Southern Baptist
Missionary Board, leading a Jockey's
Room Devotional at Santa Anita
The employees of a race track have personal, social and human needs that are best met by a skilled chaplain-counselor as part of a track's team of human resource professionals.
The RTCA is dedicated to helping the men and women at the racetrack and their families, many of whom had no religious community or leader to turn to in times of crisis.
RTCA chaplains are trained, certified and ordained clergy with skills, character and motivation to make them an exemplary part of racetracks.
- Relate to people with understanding, courage, assurance and optimism.
- Demonstrate the acceptance, love, forgiveness and power of God in their lives.
- Are skilled in counseling.
- Have pastoral experience.
- Lead through example by living a Godly lifestyle.
- Have a working knowledge of the racing industry and the needs of the employees on both sides of the racetrack.
in becoming an RTCA Chaplain, please contact the Executive
Director, Dr. Enrique Torres, at the National Office at (310)